Cool 17" alloys trouble help please?

Hi guys this is my first post ive got a pug 306 1.4 meridian i was given a set of the 17" that sometimes come standard on the 206/307 pugs 5 spoke ones for some reason ive tried putting the wheels on the rear and its against the diagonal suspension arm ive got drums on the rear i thought as they have come off another peugeot there shouldn't be any difference right?? like for like kind of thing i havent tried the front ones yet its just the problem with the rear i do have thin drums on the back would it help if i got another set off a pug thats more like a bowl shape if u know what i mean mine is w-reg would that help to stop them being against the suspension arm another thing is i had the car jacked up on slightly un-even ground would that be a factor in it? i need help please guys thanks in advance i apreciate it.

The 206/307 wheels have a different offset from the 306, that is why they are catching, it is possible to get them to fit using wheel spacers but then they may protrude outside the arches so choose spacers correctly.

Cool

Hi mate i was given two 10m spacers for the rear but with me having 3 kids i didnt wanna risk it can i try rear drums off a 206 instead? is that possible?

I don't think you would get a 206 drum to fit a 306, I can't remember exact dimensions but it would make a lot more sense to use the spacers.

Cool

Ok pak no probs do u think ill need spacers for the front wheels aswell? i haven't tried the wheels on the front yet? what size spacers will i need.

Unfortunately spacers are trial and error, the exact sizes all depend on tyre size as well as offset, but rule of thumb is 5-8mm of clearance from the tyre touching anything,

The fronts may not need spacing, offer them up to the hubs making sure there's no contact to the calipers, if no contact tighten, then turn front wheels full lock to full lock, making sure there's no inner or outer wheel arch rub, then for the next few days keep looking for odd tyre wear.

Cool

Hey pak guess what i fitted alloys without the need of spacers i removed the inner lining from the wheel arches on the rear there pulling to one side when i brake but i think i may of put them on a different way so i gotta sort that out now and let u know coz the car wasnt pulling b4 i had the other wheels on. ive ordered longer bolts just incase and thats it. result!!

Default Re: 17" alloys trouble help please?

yes is a high ET value. look at the original wheel for the right ET43 or ET35 something like that.